Pole Pole Resort, Mafia Island, Tanzania
- 7 spacious and elegant bungalows
- Unpretentious, luxury eco-resort
- Fabulous diving, snorkelling and excursions
- Chole Bay, Mafia Island Marine Park, Tanzania Coast
Pole Pole is an eco lodge on Mafia Island, Tanzania. A perfect honeymoon hideaway or retreat that is intimate, quiet and relaxed. Vivid turquoise waters and white sand lace the lush tropical vegetation. The island lies about 40km / 25 miles off the mainland.
Acknowledged as one of the best in the world, this eco lodge on Mafia Island combines respect for the environment and the local culture with attentive and discrete hospitality in blissful surroundings. There are 7 hand crafted, wooden bungalows dotted amongst the coconut palms along Chole Bay.
Guests at Pole Pole enjoy great service and food that is quite delicious. Diverse culinary traditions with Italian flair and fresh sea food create wonderful menus. Traditional Swahili dinners are also served weekly using local organic farm produce. The bar stocks a variety of alcoholic beverages, wines, beers, juices and cold drinks and stays open until all guests have retired.
Pole Pole has a library and a delightful Massage centre which overlooks the bay. Just 3 minutes up the beach is the Dive and Snorkel centre. Chole Bay is superb for divers and non-divers alike and renowned for its stunning marine life and corals. Interesting and unusual excursions by boat or 4x4 leave regularly to explore this island paradise, its history and many hidden attractions.
Features and general facilities:
- Closed in April and May during Monsoon rains
- Voltage 220
- Airport transfers included
- Special dietary requirements catered for where possible
- A safety box is available at reception.
- Visa and MasterCard accepted (authorisation costs involved)
- One of top 25 eco lodges in the world - US Travel & Leisure magazine
- Spectacular dhow-inspired design swimming pool
- Alasiri Spa
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions