Location of Zanzibar Serena Hotel
Zanzibar is also famous for growing spices and 75% of the world's cloves are grown here. Zanzibar is well known for being a wonderful tropical respite with fantastic scuba diving in clear, warm water and soft sandy beaches lined with palm trees. For those with historical and architectural interest, the Stone Town offers a fascinating insight into Zanzibar's rich history. Zanizbar hotels is the ideal way to discover this fascinating island.
Zanzibari venues with a difference:
Entertainments, dinners, receptions and cocktails can also be held in a choice of two highly prestigious, high-impact atmospheric venues namely: 'The Sultan Hamoud’s Palace', the fabulous sea-front ‘House of Wonders’ a magnificent iron-built structure, built in 1883, with central courtyard, slender pillars, sweeping staircases and broad verandas with spectacular views over Stone Town and the Zanzibar channel.
The equally impressive and newly restored ‘Old Dispensary’, one of Zanzibar’s finest historic buildings and now a Cultural Centre offering dance, song and musical displays. A full range of imaginative incentive packages and fully tailored accommodation packages are also available.
Spice Island Weddings:
If you would like to say ‘I do’ against the ultimate romantic backdrop of the fabled ‘Spice Island’ and enjoy a unique Swahili Wedding Ceremony featuring traditional palm and blossom decorations, a sumptuous Swahili Feast and entertainment by local dancers and musicians, why not say ‘Yes’ in Zanzibar?
It is not only that you will be guaranteed a beautiful day, a fabulous setting and the chance to end your special day under the indigo and diamond dome of the Zanzibar skies, but also that all you will have to do on the day, is enjoy it. We do the rest. As to formalities; from registrar to certificate, wedding cake to champagne, all will be arranged.
Tempted? If so, provide passports, birth certificates and an affidavit to prove that you are both single and… say yes in Zanzibar. Options Include:
- Flower-bowered, sea-terrace ceremony
- Swahili bedecked cocktail reception by the pool
- Wedding reception in the former Sultan Hamoud’s residential palace, the ‘House of Wonders’ or in the newly-restored Old Dispensary, one of Zanzibar’s finest historic buildings
- A beach wedding at our Mangapwani Serena Beach Club
- Candle-lit honeymoon ‘roof top’ dinner for two
- Luxurious honeymoon suite supplied with tropical fruit and chilled champagne
- Swahili cultural entertainment, dance and song;
- Photography and videoing of your special day
- Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party. Special
Occasions At the Zanzibar Serena Inn
An experienced team and the equipment to cater for a wide range of private functions, receptions, parties and formal events. We are also adept in making your special occasion not merely memorable, but entirely unique. Services include:
- Individually tailored seafood banquets in our open-air rooftop restaurant;
- Unique receptions: in Sultan Hamoud’s palace, the ‘House of Wonders’ or in the newly restored Old Dispensary, one of Zanzibar’s finest historic buildings
- Swahili-style cocktails in our sea-terrace Sunken Garden, exotic poolside cocktails or romantic rooftop cocktails on our panoramic terrace
- Swahili banquets or internationally-themed menus
- Live music, song, dance and vivid cultural entertainment.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions